Saturday, December 13, 2008

Life Update!


Just to update those of you I don't get to see often... there is alot going on right now so I want to catch you up on my life as of 4:43am on December 10th 2008! :)As most of you know, I did an internship at the International House of Prayer this past summer. The Lord called me to lay aside 3 months of my life to consecrate myself totally to Him with no distractions. (Work, school, etc..) So, I finished up my semester at school and I quit my job at the court house and thus my journey began...I spent 8-10 hours a day in the prayer room for 3 months...it pretty much ruined me for life as usual.


During my 3 month internship, I spent 2 weeks in Ethiopia, working with local orphanages, schools and street children. If I wasn't ruined enough already, that definately put me over the edge. My heart was ruined for Jesus and His children! When I returned to the States from Ethiopia, I had another week of my internship... basically one week to figure out what the next "season" of my life would be like. I had plans to go to a Missionary training school in Mozambique in October, but as life sometimes goes, it didn't end up as I had planned. :) God is always in control! He wanted me to wait until this June. I thought alot about getting a job until I could go back to Africa, and actually tried a couple of times, but it never seemed to work out. To make a long story...a little bit shorter :)... The Lord, FINALLY got through to me... He wanted me to simply sit at His feet.


He has asked me to devote this season of my life to Him, and Him alone. As Psalm 27:4 says... "Onething I have desired of the Lord, that I will seek: that I may dwell in the House of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord." So...that is what I have been doing. From May 6th-November 15th I did "Prayer Room Hours" from about 10 am -8pm atleast 6 days a week... A couple of weeks ago, the Lord asked me to change my schedule and pray through the nights. So now I am in the prayer room from 10pm-6am...Our House of Prayer will very soon be a 24/7 place of Worship and Prayer... a place of refuge in the city where people can come at anytime to pray. We are almost there! So, now I am doing what is called "Night Watch"... I am here through the nights and I sleep in the day. It is quite a change, but so far I am loving it! I believe the Lord has called me to do this until June when I go to Mozambique.


I am serving as an Intercessory Missionary, and helping with the upcoming Internships. It is a lifestyle of prayer and I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be here during this time of my life, when I could be doing many other things...I'm not sure what is next for me, but I am giving my heart and my life completley to the Lord and I am trusting Him with all of it! I know He will guide me in the right direction as I prayerfully consider each decision I make. I love you all and I hope you are all being blessed by our beautiful Jesus! Just wanted to let you know why you may not be seeing me during the normal day hours. :)For more information about IHOP you can visit...



XOXOXOGretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment