Sunday, July 3, 2011

Back again with much to say...

I am back! After several months of not updating, I am returning once again. So much has happened since I have posted last, and I am not sure where to start.

*For starters, we have moved to another city...not far from "home", but far enough that it has brought a good bit of distance between our family and the ones we love. This has been both good/exciting, and hard. We used to be just a short drive to my parents house and to just about everyone I know. Now it is about 40 minutes... not terribly far, but it makes getting together with people a couple of times a week a little more difficult. While it has sort of been a lonely season, it has been so good for my relationship with the Lord. I never realized how much those lunch dates and coffee dates kept me from "needing" time with God. We can become so full of good things that we don't have room in our day and our hearts for the BEST thing..which is communion with Christ. So, I call this my season of "time out". While I love and miss seeing all of my people so often, I am so enjoying this season of getting to know my Papa God again.

*Anna is 1 year and 2 months old! She is sleeping 12-13 hours a night (PTL) and feeding herself. Her level of communication is amazing me! She says "yummy yummy yummy" when she is hungry. She is clapping, dancing, singing and laughing. She is RUNNING instead of walking, and pointing at everything she wants. I am amazed by her daily. She is so loving and kind, she has more patience than I do and she loves hugs and kisses. Puppies and kittens make her squeal for joy and she loves laying in the grass anytime we go outside. She is beautiful. Her height and weight are in the 95 percentile and she is wearing 12-18 month clothes! So she will be tall like Mama. :)

*We are still doing much "soul searching" about where we are going to be next. We are not digging our roots down deep here, although it is a lovely town we feel like it is only temporary. We will be happy and willing to go anywhere the Lord leads us.


The Lord has used this season in so many ways to help me let go and trust God even more with our lives. I am finding myself more and more frustrated when I take my eyes off of Jesus and put them on the things and people around me. It is so easy to forget what God has called you to and start wanting the American Dream sometimes. I think this is espically hard for mothers, because we are always feeling the weight of another life besides our own. Wouldn't it make things so much easier if we just had _______________ and if _______________ would hurry up and happen?? And the truth is, things would be easier, but it wouldn't be satisfying. Our hearts can only be satisfied when we are walking in the will of the Lord for our lives. Not our neighbors life, not our parents life, and not our BFF's life. So, God has been teaching me that if I will do what He has called me to- without the fear of what he or she will think...then and only then will I be content and filled with peace.

This is true for you too. How many dreams do you have locked away in your heart that have stayed in hiding because someone told you you couldn't do that? Remember that you will stand before God and He will ask you why you didn't do this thing or that thing...and, "my parents told me not to" is not an acceptable response. We all have one life here on earth. We have one chance to love Jesus when it's not always easy. Some get 20 years, some get 100. God is looking for a heart that is unashamed of Him and unafraid of man. A heart that will say, "Yes, Lord!" in the face of persecution. As John Wesley put it,
“Give me one hundred men who love only God with all their heart and hate only sin with all their heart, and we will shake the gates of hell and bring in the kingdom of God in one generation.”

I do not want the American dream, as tempting as it may be some days, but this is my dream: I want to see blind eyes open, I want to see the lame man RUN, I want to see the orphan find a loving home, I want to love the Lord my God with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. I want to see revival come to America and the Nations of the earth. I want to see toddlers preach the gospel and choose worship over barbies and hotwheels. I want to see a generation fall in love with Jesus, not just one moment in a meeting, but all day everyday. I want to see food multiplied to feed the hungry. I want to see BORING, STALE, Church meetings come alive with the presence of God. I want to proove that it IS possible for a Mommy to be radical in this day and hour. My destiny will not be put on hold until Anna graduates high school...My destiny is today and everyday and I want her to be able to remember me not as the mommy who always had fresh baked cookies when she got home from school (which I probably will) but as a woman of prayer who loved Jesus and loved others well. I want to stand for truth and holiness even when people think it's foolish.---This is my dream.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Dream!! I've got to agree! It's an every day process! And yep... I guess I'm learning that God has me in a certain season...and I need to take hold of it... but it's definitely hard when there isn't a lot of people around to help!! :) Even when I'm as close to anyone around and not 40 minutes.. I still feel the same way! :) Thanks for the encouragement in your blog! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete